Ready For Any Size Disaster. Helping People Recover Quickly Since 1999. Call Now. Residential & Commercial Restoration & Cleaning Services www.GTARestoration.com – 24-Hour Emergency Plumbing Services: Water Damage Restoration, Fire Damage Restoration, Flooded Basement Cleanup, Mold Removal & Remediation – Serving Toronto & the GTA. Insurance Billing · Restoring Since 1999 · Newest Technology Priority Services: Water Restoration, Mold Restoration, Fire Restoration Extraction and Remediation With Warranty. Call Emergency Restoration Response Group in Toronto Now! Low Equipment Cost · Deductible Paid · Free Consultation Service catalog: Flood Cleanup, Water Remediation, Hazardous Material Water, Flood, Fire, Smoke, Mold, Infection Control · 24/7 Emergency Service · Damage Restoration 24/7 Water Restoration & Flood Damage Cleanup - Water Damage... Water Extraction. When you need emergency water extraction, you can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get a certified water damage technician to start the water damage extraction process right away! Our water extraction service is first class. We only use state-of-the-art equipment and techniques to get the water out - now! Contact Us Before You Call Your Insurance Company - We Can Help Avoid Policy Increases. Insurance Claims From Start To Finish - Avoid A Zero Gain Insurance Claim.
Water Damage due Flooding event and what you need to know.
What to do in Water Damage due Flooding event
With climate change forecasted we result in more floods and water damage to infrastructure, we all need to be ready to deal with the problem, should it happen to you.
GTA Restoration, who specialize in flood damage restoration work in Toronto & GTA, are stressing how important it is for local residential and commercial property owners and tenants, to know what to do and prevent Flooding.
Natural Resources Wales (NRW) set out the following step-by-step guidelines to follow, to stay safe and protect your property as much as you can.
1. If a flood is imminent
• If you have a flood plan, follow it carefully
• Tune into your local radio station on a battery or wind-up radio for information, or contact the 24 hour Flood and Water Damage Emergency line @ 1 800 506 6048
• Switch off your electricity / gas supplies
• Move vehicles to higher ground if it is safe to do so
• Move furniture, pets and important items to safety, 1st floor areas if convenient and accessible
2. Stay alert to localised flooding
Local flooding’ is also known as ‘surface Water Damage due flooding’. This might usually occur where all drainage systems are unable to cope with super heavy spells of rainfall. NRW are unable to provide prior warning about this type of flooding, so it is worth checking your local weather forecasts for such predictions.
3. Remember – Floodwater is dangerous
Did you know that it can take just 6 inches of fast flowing water to knock you over and just 2 feet of water will float your car, so:
• Be aware that flooding can cause manhole covers to come off, exposing to a hidden danger
• Be aware that bridges sometime may be dangerous to walk or drive over
• Do not try to walk or drive through in high level of water from flood.
• Do not let children play in flooding water
• Do not walk on defences or riverbanks
• Look out always for hazards, such as fallen power lines or trees
• Wash your hands thoroughly always if you have touched flood and water as it may be contaminated
4. What to do after a flood
• Assess whether it is safe to return to your property: (check first with the local emergency services)
• Watch out for hidden dangers in floodwater, such as sharp objects, raised manhole covers and pollution
• Be aware that flood water might have caused structural damage to your property
• Remember that flood water can contain hazardous sewage, chemicals and animal waste.
• Check with the local emergency services that it is safe before returning to your flood damaged property
5. Ring your buildings and contents insurance company as soon as possible to prepare for flood damage restoration
• In almost all most cases, the insurance company dos send a loss adjuster to look at your property. They will confirm what repairs and replacements are needed for your property and what elements are covered by your policy. Ask if they will help you by paying for repairs that can reduce potential flood or water damage and therefore reduce costs if it happens again
• If you rent your property, contact your landlord and check if you’re covered for your contents insurance company as soon as possible
• If you don’t have insurance, contact your local council and they should be able to provide information on hardship grants or charities that may be able to help you
6. Consult your local flood and water damage restoration experts
In the event that you experience flood damage in your property, your best course of action is to seek the advice of flood and water damage restoration experts, like GTA Restoration
GTA Restoration will be able to return the property to its pre-incident condition or much better as quickly as possible, by working with GTA Restoration Group you will be minimizing any secondary damage, efficiently and effectively, with minimum of disruption.
Flood damage is a process that can have serious consequences for the structure and integrity of your property, if the operation is not handled by restoration experts in this field.
Call GTA Restoration North York branch for help, advice or action, 24-hours a day on 800-506-6048
Toronto 's #1 Water Damage Restoration and Mold Removal Specialists. This is one of the many reasons why our technicians will respond within 45 minutes of your call to provide immediate mold removal service in Baltimore assistance and save your home. Additionally, our specialists are available 24/7/365 we will be there for you at all hours and times when you need us the most. Contact Us Before You Call Your Insurance Company - We Can Help Avoid Policy Increases. Insurance Claims From Start To Finish - Avoid A Zero Gain Insurance Claim. Tags, Infection Control · 24 Hours Emergency Restoration Service ·Water & Mold Damage Remediation