Carpet and Rug Cleaning Toronto
When it comes to a family heirloom that becomes damaged, such as your favourite valuable rug, critical steps must be taken in order to save it. Because it’s precious to you and your family, we make sure to take special care of it. Below are the top five steps we take when dealing with a valuable rug.
1. We will come to your house and pick up the rug and bring it back to our facility. It is always better to have your area rugs cleaned by a professional area rug cleaning company. Area rugs cleaned in our facility will always do a better job than a wall-to-wall carpet cleaning company can in your home. Although it may sound cheaper, it may ruin it. We will look at your rug and determine which cleaning method is most effective. For instance, we may go with Luster Wash, which is the ultimate cleaning for most rugs and carpets. We use our specially designed washing and area rug drying equipment, which allows solution to penetrate the deepest layer of the rug’s nap. This process removes ground-in dirt, gently, without crushing wool, which is necessary when it comes to your valuable rug. In most cases, this process will also restore the original look and texture.
2. For rugs that need particularly special care, we will go with our Hand or Dry Rug Cleaning method. All work is done by hand. This process is recommended for silk rugs, extremely fragile textiles, or rugs that have “fugitive” dyes which may run in a wet cleaning method. If your family heirloom is very old and needs that additional special attention, GTA Restoration may go with this method.
3. If your family heirloom needs further care, we may turn to our Restoration Services, which is a special formulated cleaning process done by hand by one of our Certified Rug Specialists. This is the finest, most gentle and thorough cleaning available for rugs that are old, fragile, valuable and warrant extraordinary care. This is a distinguished service provided by very few rug cleaning companies in the Toronto area.
4. Finally, we can Fiber-Guard your family heirloom, in efforts to protect it from stains, soil and wear. It is a safe, non-toxic, invisible stain protection for all soft surfaces. It provides superior top-to-bottom protection on each and every fiber in handmade rugs and carpets, wall-to-wall carpet, fabric and leather furniture, wall fabrics and draperies. Fiber-Guard will not wear off like other stain repellents and it will leave your fabric’s color, feel and texture unchanged while remaining safe and non-toxic.
GTA Restoration Quick Reference Guide for Common Spills on Area Rugs:
Always consult a professional before attempting to remove stains and spills!
Here are some property remedies spotting techniques. Always check for color fastness before performing any work on stain removal or wet cleaning process on your carpet!
* Alcohol and Wines: Blot up surplus spillage.
* Chewing Gum: Scrape up with a proper carpet scraper. Use the Antibacterial Detergent and Vinegar solution. Work from out of the edge of the stain, using a little at the time and blotting with dry rug frequently.
* Coffee: Blot up surplus spillage. Use good Detergent and Vinegar solution. Work from outer of the stain edge, using a little bit at a time and blotting with dry frequently clean cloth.
* Glue: Scrape up excess with a blunt carpet scraper. Use Detergent solution, starting with outer edge and blot dry. Follow with Ammonia solution. Blot dry.
* Ice Cream: Scrape up excess with a blunt carpet scraper. Use Detergent solution, starting with the outer edge and blot dry. Follow with Ammonia solution. Blot dry.
* Soft Drinks: Blot up excess with blunt carpet scraper. Use Detergent and Vinegar solution. Work from the outer edge of the stain, using a little bit by bit at a time and blotting with dry cloths frequently.
* Urine: Blot up excess with blunt scraper. Use Detergent and Vinegar solution. Work from the outer edge of the stain, using very little bit at a time by blotting with dry cloths frequently.
* Solids: Scrape up with a blunt carpet scraper. Use Dry Cleaning Solvent followed by Detergent and Vinegar solution. Blot dry.
* Chocolate: Blot up the surplus spillage. Use Detergent and Vinegar solution, starting with the outer edge and blotting dry. Follow with Ammonia solution. Blot dry.
Our Toronto area rug cleaning experts are always just a phone call away at (416)-358-6666 should you need any advice.
visit us for more tips regarding restoration techniques!